giovedì 5 giugno 2014

"Wall of Sound" Ewian Interview

Ewian is a emerged band from Germany and LFdM had the pleasure to talk with Ewian Christensen (Vocals and Piano) about his world.
Ladies and gentlemen, Ewian...

LFdM: Could you describe your sound for those who never have heard you before with three of your songs?
EC: I think the following three songs best represent the characteristic sound of Ewian: Don´t stand by me, Voices in your head, Take your meds.
Significant elements are bittersweet melodies, noisy guitars, distorted piano and solemnly string passages.
However more important than the characteristic sound of Ewian is in my view the meaning of every single song.
Portraying an issue musically in a coherent way is one of the biggest challenges of songwriting.

LFdM: Which album or artist awakened your interest in production and songwriting?
EC: Radiohead - OK Computer
       VAST - Visual Audio Sensory Theater
       Muse - Showbiz

LFdM: What kind of atmosphere do you want to catch before entering in the studio?
EC: I fully try to empathize with the issue of a song before i make recordings, especially vocal recordings.
I heard that Korn Frontman Jonathan Davis cried while vocal recordings.
Well, this is what I'm talking about.
Watch this: (Jonathan Davis: KoRn)

LFdM: What are you doing currently? Projects?
EC: I´m absolutely focused on the the production of the new Ewian album. I can say that we are not far away from finishing
the record. Beside that? Nothing much :)
I´m just looking forward to all the things and uncertainties wich might come.

Members: 
Ewian Christensen, Benjamin Lachance

Discography: 
- March 2013: We will never grow old (EP) 
- October 2013: Voices in your head (Single)


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento